Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Last Night I Dreamt of my Grandma

Last night I dreamt I was in grandma's house. There were a lot of people, like there was a gathering.

When I walked past the living room, grandma came out from her room. I was really happy to see her and I hugged her so tightly. She smiled at me and she said if possible, she wants me to go back to Kuching during Chinese New Year!

***

I had many dreams of my grandparents since they passed away. I dreamt of them talking to me, we laughed together, they showed me their place etc...it feels so real, like they were really with me. It doesn't feel like a dream at all and I remember very clearly what is in the dream until today. Maybe I missed them so much until I kept having these dreams.

I had one particular dream which I remembered though - and it was two weeks before my grandfather passed away in year 2001.

Exactly two weeks before my grandfather passed away, something very weird happened to me. That night, I was brushing my teeth downstairs, next to my computer room. When I was about to spit the water out of my mouth ( I was tilting my head down at the sink), suddenly from the corner of eyes, I saw somebody with a white skirt and pale looking feet walking towards the computer room. I couldn't see the whole thing - just from the knee down. Immediately, I spat the water out and walked to the computer room - and saw nobody there! I was very sure I saw something but I ignored what happened and just went to sleep.

Then, I had a very weird dream. I was in line (or wandering around) queuing up to cross a bridge (not wooden bridge, but brick and it is huge). There were some guards to make sure everybody crosses the bridge. After a while, a lady jumped down from the bridge and everybody rushed to have a look. I was already nervous by then and I started to run away.

The guards started to chase after me. I ran as fast as I could and suddenly out of nowhere, I started flying. At that moment, I was not surprised that I could fly. I just knew I had to get away from the guards. I flew around for quite a while. Then, in the middle of the woods, I saw a Pagoda surrounded by bamboo.


I quickly flew in and the next thing I knew, I was floating in a dark room in front of two guys. One of them wore a traditional chinese costume. I do not know how to describe the costume. I tried to google it and the closest I found is this.


He doesn't have a long beard like this one, but he sure looked fierce. Another guy standing next to him is an old man, seems to be his advisor. They were speaking in language I do not understand. It was blurry to me. After a while, the old man came closer to me and said "Two days for you"....I woke up.

That whole day, everything around me looks gloomy...the sky looks darker than usual. People moved around slower, I thought. I had a very strong feeling that my time is up. I started saying stupid things to people around me, things like asking them to take care of themselves etc.

On the second day, the feeling got worse. I started telling my good friend about the dream. She must have thought that I've gone mad! I also told my sister, who at that time thinks that I am talking nonsense. She somehow persuaded me to talk to my parents about it. So, I told. That night before I went to sleep, I was so nervous I will not wake up anymore, my two days are up. Somehow, I cried myself to sleep.

Next day, I am still breathing  -_-   the sky is brighter again and things went back to normal!! So I felt stupid for feeling like that and also embarrassed for telling the people around me.

Just after two weeks, my grandfather passed away....and also I realized out few days later that my grandfather shared the same birthday with me. My mum also told me that one day in the "other" world is equivalent to our 7 days.....

I still don't know whether I can believe this...I also will never know whether the dream is related to my grandfather's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment